The Pledge Drive (now until December 14th)
At the beginning of each school year, the PTA kicks off our fundraising efforts by requesting optinal donations from all Olinda families, to be used for enrichment programs at Olinda. Our goal is to raise $80 per student, but donations of any amount are gladly accepted. This is our biggest fundraiser, and was established by previous Olinda families as an effort to support the school without requesting families to continually purchase wrapping paper, magazines, cookie dough, etc., throughout the year. This drive ends December 14st.
Fall Fun Fest (Saturday, October 20th- 11am-4pm)
Spring Fun Run (April 2019)
– Have you ever participated in a running event such as a 5k? Well, why not watch your energetic child run, skip, prance or walk our Olinda track along with other classmates in support of our third major fundraiser. Each child is asked to request a donation from sponsors, and in turn he/she promises to walk, jog or even skip to help the school. Friends, family, coworkers and other donors are encouraged to become sponsors. Informational packets including the sponsor forms are sent home with students towards the end of March. Children will run the track, cheered on and supervised by parents and teachers. Water and snacks are provided. Monies are requested to be turned in on the day of the event. If you have any questions or are interested in helping out with the Fun Run, contact us!
Other Easy Ways to Earn Money for Our School
If you shop on Amazon, consider using Amazon Smile instead. It’s almost exactly the same as Amazon, with your same account, wish lists, one-click, Amazon Prime, and so on. So there’s no difference to you. But Olinda will receive 0.5% of your purchase — potentially a lot of money for our school!
To use Amazon Smile, just go to https://smile.amazon.com. The first time you log in, you’ll be asked to select the charitable organization you want. In the search box type “Olinda Elementary PTA”. Make sure you click the Olinda in Richmond, CA, as there may be more than one around the country. Set a bookmark so you’ll have this portal handy when you’re shopping. And that’s it!
Olinda PTA is looking for Fundraising Committee Members.
Please contact Olindaptaprez@gmail.com if you are interested.
Do you shop at FoodMaxx, Lucky, or eat at Extremem Pizza or Wingstop? Here’s a quick way to earn money for our school:
- Log on to http://www.eScrip.com
- Go to the column “Make A Difference in Four Steps” and click on “Sign Up.” Enter our our group name, which is Olinda Elementary PTA. and Our Group ID# is 137957957.
- Register your grocery club card numbers e.g. your Lucky Rewards Card
- You may want to register your debit and credit cards
- Shop at eScrip merchants. You can do a search by zip code on the escrip site or check here for current merchants: http://www.escrip.com/wheretoearn/merchantsearch.jsp
- Present the cards that you have registered for eScrip for all your purchases, eg. Present your Lucky Rewards Card every time you shop…and a percentage of purchases will be automatically contributed by the merchant.
Also, eScrip has an online mall featuring merchants such as Staples, Amazon.com, eBay and Lego, and if you go to those web sites from the eScrip online mall, that’s another way to get a donation.
EVERYONE can help earn cash for Olinda by clipping the Box Tops from hundreds of participating brands of everyday purchases from cereal to toilet paper. Each box top is worth 10 cents and it adds up fast when everyone participates. Just look for the Boxtop symbol on your groceries, clip the coupons, and turn them into the PTA box in the parent room!
Box Tops for Education also has an online mall which offers donations for Internet shopping – but only after you register at their Web site and click on their online mall first before going to the Web sites of various merchants, including Apple, Dell, Gap, Best Buy and Office Depot. If you choose to register with Box Tops for Education, you will again find Olinda under the 94803 zip code. (You may have to scroll the list to the right to see Olinda!)