Gymnastics (Instructor: Bindy Graul)
Grade TK/K only, Friday, 2:15-2:45 pm
Class Dates: March 10, 17, 24, April 21, 27, May 5, 12, (7 classes) No School Spring Break March 31st, April 7th and April 14th
These fun-filled tumbling gymnastics classes will give children exposure to basic tumbling. Classes are designed to be fun, safe, and instructive. Learn how to do forward and backward rolls, handstands and cartwheels, bridges and backbends. All levels are welcome, and returning students will continue to learn and master new skills. This class will be taught in a creative and fun way by instructor Bindy Graul. Bindy is a former gymnast and has taught beginning through competitive gymnastics for the last 23 years. She is currently running the City of El Cerrito Gymnastics program. She loves teaching and introducing children to the amazing sport of gymnastics.
*One badged and vaccinated parent chaperone is needed
- To enroll multiple students in this class: Please add the class to your cart one at a time so that you can specify a different Student Name and information each time. You will pay for all classes when you check out.
- To request a scholarship: Use coupon code SCHOLARSHIP25 (for a $25 scholarship) or SCHOLARSHIP50 (for a $50 scholarship) at checkout, and leave us a note explaining why you are requesting a scholarship when you complete your checkout questionnaire. Note that use of these codes are not a guarantee that your child will be awarded a scholarship. Scholarship availability may vary each ASEP session and is determined by PTA budget and number of scholarship requests received. Final decisions about scholarship awards are solely at the discretion of the PTA board. If your scholarship request is not approved, we will send you a link to pay for the remaining portion of your class purchase.
- Each class needs a parent chaperone for the class to run. Chaperones are used in each class to help supervise the students before, during and after the classes. The parent chaperone will receive complimentary admission in the class for their student. Volunteers must have a volunteer badge issued by the school district. (If you need information on how to get a badge, contact the ASEP chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To request to chaperone: Set the chaperone dropdown above to YES before adding the class to your cart. Chaperones receive the class for free! However, this is not a guarantee that you will be selected as the class chaperone. We often receive multiple requests to chaperone classes, and final decisions about chaperones are solely at the discretion of the PTA board. If your chaperone request is not approved, we will send you a link to pay for the class, or you may request to be dropped from the class at that time.
- In addition, chaperones will be trained to ensure that all proper protocols are taken with regard to student safety. Chaperone training will take place prior to the beginning of classes.
- In accordance to district requirements, all chaperones/volunteers need to be fully vaccinated for Covid or a negative Covid test taken within 72 hours of being on campus must be presented each time they are on campus.
- Student Dismissal and Supervision:
As an extra measure of safety, students in Grades K-3rd will be supervised upon school dismissal until the start of class time by the parent chaperone. Students in Grade 4-6 are responsible for getting to their after school classes on their own. All ASEP students in Y-Care should go immediately to Y-Care upon school dismissal. They will be escorted to and from there after school class by a parent chaperone or Y-Care personnel.
Some of our Instructors are paid professionals from companies specializing in after school education. Many of our Instructors are parent and community volunteers who have an expertise in a subject and strong interest in providing an opportunity for our students. All Instructors are held to WCCUSD requirements including background checks and TB tests.
- Questions? Ask our ASEP coordinator: olindaPTAasep@gmail.com
|Request to Chaperone||
No, Yes (free class!), Backup Chaperone ($25 discount)